I got a little gift tonight
Tonight was Bible study. Natalie (who I'm going to the concert with on Wednesday evening) attended a Beth Moore conference this past weekend in Milwaukee. Beth Moore is the author of the Bible study we're doing. Nat said the conference was phenomenal. I believe it. Beth Moore is one cool woman. I can only hope I know the Bible as well as she does someday. WOW.
Anyway....during Bible Study tonight, Nat handed me a small piece of maroonish-colored leather on which was imprinted the words "Jesus the One and Only". It is sooo neat! She said it's a bookmark and I'll probably use it for that at some point, but for awhile I'm just going to set it somewhere where I'll see it often. I think it's too cool-looking to use as a bookmark!
What really touched me is that she thought of me when she was making it. We're not that close at all. She leads/teaches the study and I hostess it, so we kinda work together in that manner....but we've hardly talked to each other, I mean just the two of us, very much at all. I'm looking forward to getting to just chat with her on Wednesday. She is a very inspiring girl and I think I can learn a lot from her. She came from a competely different background than I did, and I find it fascinating. Most of all, I am still absolutely floored at how God has changed her. It is nothing short of awesome.
It makes me think of the words of a song that made tears stream down my face at a youth retreat I was leading a few years ago. It's called "Forever Grateful".
You did not wait for me to draw near to You,
But you clothed Yourself in frail humanity.
You did not wait for me to cry out to You,
But You let me hear Your voice calling me.
And I'm forever grateful to You.
I'm forever grateful for the cross.
I'm forever grateful to You,
That You came to seek and save the lost.
God does that. He knocks at the door of your heart until you let Him in. He did that for me when I was a very little girl. And I have never looked back.
Yeah, I've had times when I've strayed and put my relationship with Him on the back burner. But those times never last long, because I can hear Him beckoning me back. You're My child. I love you. You need me. I DO need Him, every second of every day. I don't know what I would do if He wasn't there constantly, waiting for me to talk to Him and tell Him what's on my heart. To tell Him the things I'm worried about and the things that I hope He will do. To give Him my burdens and fears. Cast all your cares upon Me, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light. He carries me.
Anyway....during Bible Study tonight, Nat handed me a small piece of maroonish-colored leather on which was imprinted the words "Jesus the One and Only". It is sooo neat! She said it's a bookmark and I'll probably use it for that at some point, but for awhile I'm just going to set it somewhere where I'll see it often. I think it's too cool-looking to use as a bookmark!
What really touched me is that she thought of me when she was making it. We're not that close at all. She leads/teaches the study and I hostess it, so we kinda work together in that manner....but we've hardly talked to each other, I mean just the two of us, very much at all. I'm looking forward to getting to just chat with her on Wednesday. She is a very inspiring girl and I think I can learn a lot from her. She came from a competely different background than I did, and I find it fascinating. Most of all, I am still absolutely floored at how God has changed her. It is nothing short of awesome.
It makes me think of the words of a song that made tears stream down my face at a youth retreat I was leading a few years ago. It's called "Forever Grateful".
You did not wait for me to draw near to You,
But you clothed Yourself in frail humanity.
You did not wait for me to cry out to You,
But You let me hear Your voice calling me.
And I'm forever grateful to You.
I'm forever grateful for the cross.
I'm forever grateful to You,
That You came to seek and save the lost.
God does that. He knocks at the door of your heart until you let Him in. He did that for me when I was a very little girl. And I have never looked back.
Yeah, I've had times when I've strayed and put my relationship with Him on the back burner. But those times never last long, because I can hear Him beckoning me back. You're My child. I love you. You need me. I DO need Him, every second of every day. I don't know what I would do if He wasn't there constantly, waiting for me to talk to Him and tell Him what's on my heart. To tell Him the things I'm worried about and the things that I hope He will do. To give Him my burdens and fears. Cast all your cares upon Me, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light. He carries me.


2 Comments:
Beth Moore is a wonderful author! And you are a wonderful person! Natalie can't even imagine what she's in for in having a friend like you!
Thank you SO much. I'd love to know wrote this!
Post a Comment
<< Home