Shiny happy Wendy
Okay, I admit it - 99 percent of the time, I'm happy and cheerful. God has blessed me so richly and He is just so, so GOOD. I get frustrated and annoyed and angry sometimes, yes. But there is so much to look forward to every single day.
But last night I was bone-weary. Just SO exhausted from having such an incredibly busy pet sitting week...from going from one dog's house to another dog's house and back again! It can get exhausting. And I didn't feel like making dinner. I just didn't even feel like moving. I wanted to go to bed and sleep for hours and hours! And because I was so tired, I was not happy and I was not cheerful.
And when I'm not happy and not cheerful, it throws my dear husband for a loop. He thinks there's something drastically wrong if I'm too tired to laugh and too tired to talk and too tired to cook. But there was nothing wrong. I'm allowed to have a day here and there when I'm just "blah". It's just interesting to see people's reactions when I'm like that, because it doesn't happen often - and when it does, you'd think the world was coming to an end.
But today was a different story. I had a lighter schedule (just three dogs today) and I bought some new bird feeders and hung them up and we went out for ice cream tonight and Scotty and I just talked and laughed and did a few other things that I don't need to mention here. :)
And tomorrow we're putting the new bench swing together and that's gonna be soooo cool!! I can't wait to sit out there with the birdies and swing! (See, I guess that's why I'm so happy most of the time - it doesn't take much.)
But last night I was bone-weary. Just SO exhausted from having such an incredibly busy pet sitting week...from going from one dog's house to another dog's house and back again! It can get exhausting. And I didn't feel like making dinner. I just didn't even feel like moving. I wanted to go to bed and sleep for hours and hours! And because I was so tired, I was not happy and I was not cheerful.
And when I'm not happy and not cheerful, it throws my dear husband for a loop. He thinks there's something drastically wrong if I'm too tired to laugh and too tired to talk and too tired to cook. But there was nothing wrong. I'm allowed to have a day here and there when I'm just "blah". It's just interesting to see people's reactions when I'm like that, because it doesn't happen often - and when it does, you'd think the world was coming to an end.
But today was a different story. I had a lighter schedule (just three dogs today) and I bought some new bird feeders and hung them up and we went out for ice cream tonight and Scotty and I just talked and laughed and did a few other things that I don't need to mention here. :)
And tomorrow we're putting the new bench swing together and that's gonna be soooo cool!! I can't wait to sit out there with the birdies and swing! (See, I guess that's why I'm so happy most of the time - it doesn't take much.)


1 Comments:
Have fun on your new swing!!
Post a Comment
<< Home