One would think.....
....that assembling a bench swing would be a relatively simple task. Not so.
After three trips to Home Depot and several hours of blood, sweat and tears, we got about 1/3 of the thing put together today. I was hoping that by this point (4:00 on Sunday afternoon) I would be swinging gently as the breeze blew and the birds sang. But nay.
I am doing the next best thing, though. Sitting in the loft on my computer, with the window wide open. At least I can still hear the birds.
And ya know what else I have to write about? Yep, another warped dream I had the other night. It had my friend Heather in it again. (Maybe she's been showing up in my dreams because my subconscious feels really bad for not getting a birthday card out to her yet.) So in this one, Heather was showing off a truly amazing talent - blowing bubble gum bubbles out her butthole.
Will there ever come a day when my subconscious mind settles down and gives me a break? I most certainly hope so.
I had another Home Depot hot dog for lunch today. It was so good.
I feel bad for my hubby. I got my new laptop yesterday and I absolutely, positively LOVE it. He had to custom order his and has to wait a few weeks to get it. So he's all jealous cuz I have my new computer and he doesn't get his for awhile yet. It's like having a brother who keeps saying, "It's just not FAIR!" Too funny. Well....funny to me. Not to Scotty.
Yesterday while we were computer shopping, he asked me if I ever thought I would think of myself as a computer geek. I said no. But I am one. A huge one. But really, who isn't these days. Right?
It's a warm, sunny day. We didn't go to church this morning. I feel bad about that. I didn't wake up until 10:30 this morning, and church starts at 11:00. Drat. Next Sunday I will set my alarm!
Okay, the mouse on this laptop is the coolest. To scroll up or down, you run your finger along the right side of the mouse pad thing. It takes some getting used to but it's so neat-o.
I really should get the last four squares of the baby blanket done today. It would only take me about an hour. Maybe a little later. I'm having too much fun spewing out random, unconnected thoughts on my blog.
After three trips to Home Depot and several hours of blood, sweat and tears, we got about 1/3 of the thing put together today. I was hoping that by this point (4:00 on Sunday afternoon) I would be swinging gently as the breeze blew and the birds sang. But nay.
I am doing the next best thing, though. Sitting in the loft on my computer, with the window wide open. At least I can still hear the birds.
And ya know what else I have to write about? Yep, another warped dream I had the other night. It had my friend Heather in it again. (Maybe she's been showing up in my dreams because my subconscious feels really bad for not getting a birthday card out to her yet.) So in this one, Heather was showing off a truly amazing talent - blowing bubble gum bubbles out her butthole.
Will there ever come a day when my subconscious mind settles down and gives me a break? I most certainly hope so.
I had another Home Depot hot dog for lunch today. It was so good.
I feel bad for my hubby. I got my new laptop yesterday and I absolutely, positively LOVE it. He had to custom order his and has to wait a few weeks to get it. So he's all jealous cuz I have my new computer and he doesn't get his for awhile yet. It's like having a brother who keeps saying, "It's just not FAIR!" Too funny. Well....funny to me. Not to Scotty.
Yesterday while we were computer shopping, he asked me if I ever thought I would think of myself as a computer geek. I said no. But I am one. A huge one. But really, who isn't these days. Right?
It's a warm, sunny day. We didn't go to church this morning. I feel bad about that. I didn't wake up until 10:30 this morning, and church starts at 11:00. Drat. Next Sunday I will set my alarm!
Okay, the mouse on this laptop is the coolest. To scroll up or down, you run your finger along the right side of the mouse pad thing. It takes some getting used to but it's so neat-o.
I really should get the last four squares of the baby blanket done today. It would only take me about an hour. Maybe a little later. I'm having too much fun spewing out random, unconnected thoughts on my blog.


2 Comments:
Wendy, please stop eating cold pizza before bed!
I gotta do *something* - I am SO tired of these OFF-THE-WALL dreams!!
Post a Comment
<< Home