My heart's still beating fast
This is the most nervous I've ever been with a dog client. Funny thing is - the dogs belong to my fellow pet-sitting friend, Sherri! She has two rottweilers. LARGE rottweilers. Shade is the male. Savannah is the female.
Rotties are one of those breeds that tend to get a bad rap because they are known to be aggressive and dangerous. But, just like pit bulls, it really seems like it ALL depends on how they're raised. Well, Shade and Savannah are both very nice dogs. But yesterday when I was there while Sherri was still home, Savannah growled and barked at me a little bit when I tried to put her back into her crate. That made me nervous. But I stayed for about an hour and made friends with her. Shade is just a great big teddy bear.
But I was still a little nervous when I got there tonight to visit them. However, they were both perfectly-behaved and cooperated impeccably. I gave them lots of treats! : ) I only have one more visit with them, tomorrow morning. I'll feel much calmer for that one!
They are beautiful dogs.
Rotties are one of those breeds that tend to get a bad rap because they are known to be aggressive and dangerous. But, just like pit bulls, it really seems like it ALL depends on how they're raised. Well, Shade and Savannah are both very nice dogs. But yesterday when I was there while Sherri was still home, Savannah growled and barked at me a little bit when I tried to put her back into her crate. That made me nervous. But I stayed for about an hour and made friends with her. Shade is just a great big teddy bear.
But I was still a little nervous when I got there tonight to visit them. However, they were both perfectly-behaved and cooperated impeccably. I gave them lots of treats! : ) I only have one more visit with them, tomorrow morning. I'll feel much calmer for that one!
They are beautiful dogs.


1 Comments:
Im sure that Sherri being a dog sitter herself, wouldnt have you sit for her if she didnt feel they would be ok with you.
Alot of times dogs are different when their owners are there, they tend to be more protective.
Your a good pet sitter, I'm sure you last visit will go well.
:0) ~Renae~ :0)
Post a Comment
<< Home